Your privacy at Beyond Beauty
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.The information we collect and how we use it
At Beyond Beauty we take privacy seriously and only use the information we collect to provide our services. We do not share or sell the information we collect for any other purpose than providing the best possible service for our clients. At any time, you may request a copy of information we have recorded about you. You may also request we remove all identifiable information with respect to yourself. As a matter of course, we will delete your identifiable information if you have not undertaken business with us after 7 years.
We request the minimum level of personally identifying information to run our business effectively. This is data you provide us directly, for example, your name and contact details. We will never obtain information about you indirectly from sources outside our business. We store notes with respect to services we undertake to ensure we maintain and exceed our level of service. For example, your preferred treatments, any clinical notes relating to your treatments (e.g. Electrolysis power), and how you like your coffee. We consider you have provided consent for us to store personally identifying information and information about your services based on your receiving services from us. Depending on the particular service(s) we are providing we may be required to ask questions related to your medical history. We will obtain your consent prior to storing information related to your medical history. Examples of medical data may be allergies, pregnancy or an injury that may impact our services.
We also hold information about financial transactions relating to these e.g. services or treatments provided, and products bought.
We aim not to hold personal data longer than necessary.Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- enable your use of the services available on the website
- send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
- Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us
We will contact you via phone, email or SMS to confirm appointments booked and remind you of upcoming appointments. We consider your having made the appointment as consent to undertake this activity but, if you want, you may opt-out at any time.Appointment ratings and reviews
After visiting us we may send you an email or SMS asking you to rate our services and provide feedback. We consider your agreement and participation in the service as consent to undertake this activity but, if you want, you may opt out at any time.Loyalty
We consider becoming a member of our loyalty program as consent to send you emails related to the loyalty programme but, if you want, you may opt out at any time.Marketing
We will not undertake phone, mail, email or SMS marketing without you first providing consent for us to do so. Our marketing campaigns are automated and use rules based on services and products purchased and information we collect from you. For example, we may send marketing campaigns related to your birthday, the fact we miss you (you have not visited for 6 months) and other special days like Valentine’s Day and Christmas. Of course, you may opt out of receiving marketing material at any time.Data processors and data locations
We use numerous leading software solutions within our business to provide the services listed above. These software solutions store and process data in numerous locations outside our business premise. For a list of software providers and data storage locations please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to:
- Request information we have stored about you.
- Request we remove all identifying information about you.
- Make a complaint.
You may come across hyper-links on this site. These hyper-links may take you to sites operated by other organisations which you agree we are not responsible for. When preparing our website we have taken every care possible. However, we have no control over any of the information you can access via other web sites and, in particular, we are not responsible for the privacy policies adopted by such other websites. Therefore, no mention of any organisation, company or individual to which our web site is linked shall imply any approval or warranty as to the standing and capability of any such organisations, company or individual on the part of Beyond Beauty.Copyright Notice
All design, text, graphics and arrangement thereof are the copyright of Beyond Beauty or of other copyright owners. Any unauthorised reproduction of the contents of this site without the prior written permission of Beyond Beauty is strictly prohibited.Disclosures
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling and to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries (including the United Kingdom and other countries) which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area. In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others. You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure password and firewall protected servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us may be encrypted using SSL technology. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to this website).
Personal data about clients, financial transactions are held on paper records are held in a locked cabinet in a locked room.
Paper records are held in a locked cabinet in a locked room.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated. In using our website we may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation)
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website (including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services)
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including personal contact information such as your name, email address, telephone number and address)
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters (including personal contact information such as your name and email address)
- any other information that you choose to send to us
A cookie consists of a piece of text sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on this website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; and to allow such functions that require you to login to access additional functionality. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Our advertising services providers may send you cookies for the purpose of enabling the service of advertisements based on your previous visits to our website.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00) and
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address). We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
- You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes, by sending an email to us. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Personal data is permanently deleted after the agreed retention period from:
- Paper records, which are securely shredded
- Financial Transactions